Sign in to follow this  
Kitty

Can You Find a Decent Hublot Replica MP-02 Key of Time Online?

The-Real-Hublot-MP-02-Key-of-Time.jpg

On a normal basis I’m usually on the lookout for the next best thing when it comes to fake watches. That’s why today I want to take the opportunity and talk a bit about an interesting Hublot replica, the Big Bang MP 02 Key of Time Edition, a watch I think has a stunning, atypical design that appeals to my inner quirkiness.

Back in 2011, the original Hublot MP-01 watch first made a debut, and two years later, at Baselworld 2013, Hublot launched the MP-02 known as the “Key of Time”.

The original model comes in three variants: the Regular sports a micro-blasted titanium case with multi-layered matte black PVD, the Titanium is satin finished and micro blasted with titanium and finally the King Gold version, which is gold with 5% platinum.

The seconds on the watch are displayed in a vertical tourbillion cage and three time-measuring modulations: one that lets you slow down the speed of the watch hands by four, one that lets you view time at the normal rate of progression, and one that speeds up the watch hands by a multiple of four. Here are some images of the original:
The-Real-Hublot-MP-02-Key-of-Time-3.jpg

The-Real-Hublot-MP-02-Key-of-Time-2.jpg
Yes, the watch looks pretty intriguing, and naturally the question arises: will watch replicators be able to produce a worthy cheap Hublot replica of the MP-02 Key of Time? You’ll find out in what follows bellow.

Quality: Can We Find a Decent Hublot Replica, Key of Time Online?

Strangely enough even if Hublot unveiled the watch a while ago, there’s no flood of decent Hublot fakes online.

If you want my advice I think you should hold on in trying to purchase this fake. That’s because the Key of Time features an intricate design and a complex mechanism and replica makers are yet to get it right.

A look at the websites selling it at the moment will reveal a pretty poor excuse of a watch. Just compare the images of the genuine model and of the fake and you’ll see what I mean.

This Hublot replica has a few years under the belt, but even so the watch might come with a higher price tag attached to it.
More or Less Reliable Replica Dealers That Carry the Hublot Key of Time

While I was conducting my customary research on a cheap Hublot replica, I accidentally stumbled upon the Key of Time which was offered by a pretty questionable website.

It’s offered on replacahause.nl (you’d guess these guys are Dutch, but alas they are not) a British replica website which has the Big Bang MP 02 Key of Time Japanese movement watch up for sale for $229 a pop.
Hublot-Watch-ReplicaHause.nl_.jpg
As you can see in the picture, the details on the face are nearly as complex when compared to the real deal. Overall, it seems that the materials that went into the production of this watch aren’t too qualitative. I say you can easily skip this timepiece, with a clear conscience.

Another website offering this particular watch is Timescopy.cn and their product isn’t better than the one we talked about above.
Hublot-Watch-TimesCopy.com_.jpg

Hublot-Watch-TimesCopy.com-2.jpg
The problem with these Hublot fakes is that the original’s intricate mechanism has been trivialized to a point where it actually looks like the subdial  has been painted on the glass.
Hublot-M-02-Key-of-Time-JoinWatches.com_

Hublot-M-02-Key-of-Time-JoinWatches.com-
Which is why I am quite disappointed with the options I managed to find online.

Joinwatches.com also offers it, and their version seems to look a little bit better, although I wouldn’t trust the images on the website so much. Just read my review of the website to get an idea why not. This will cost you only $178 – another reason to be extremely careful, it’s a bit cheap for a complex watch like this one.
The Bottom Line

I have to conclude this article by saying that I definitely think you should wait a little while before buying this Hublot replica. Yes, it’s an compelling model, but also a relatively new one. So hopefully in the near future, fake watch makers will put a little more effort into manufacturing this awesome timepiece. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.