Sign in to follow this  

Tag Heuer Professional Sports PVD

Just looking at this for my first Tag. It's quartz I know but then so is the gen. Seeing as I golf most weekends this time I'm willing to make an exception for a 'ticky' watch.

I've sourced it from one dealer up to now for $140 shipped. Can I get a better deal anywhere else? It doesn't mention a boxset, I'm not bothered about that but I know the 'TW' models came with one.

Here's a rep v gen comparison...

tagprofessionalsportswa.jpg

GEN

tagprofessionalsports.png

REP

400tagsw043fgolfpvdswis.jpg

REP caseback

Obviously with the different lighting in the pics it's hard to judge how close the PVD is. Also the date font looks a bit off and the date window seems shaded on the rep. That may again be down to the lighting as the rep has a bevelled window just like the gen. The caseback looks to be close to the previous models but I couldn't get a view of this PVD model's on the Tag site to compare it. The watch looks more than passable to me though, what do you think?

smile.png

I think Fakie likes it. 140.00 for a quartz sounds reasonable if it has a sapphire crystal and if includes the shipping. What does the gen cost gray market? Ok I found out it's 875.00 grey market with a 2yr independent warranty and life time bats. So let's do the math. 6.25 payments of 140.00 gets you the gen. That is 70 bucks a paycheck or 140.00 per month. Tempting! You could buy the rep, wear it for a while, turn it in 8 months if you like it and get the gen.

biggrin.png

Sounds like a plan R2. I should recieve my gen lug-holed Sub next week so no more gens for a while...but in 8 months time, hmmm, I think I can get her to wear that!!!

tongue1.png

Expect a lot of my usual low quality pics when it arrives...

lol1.gif

Thanks for the link. I believe the AD's are discounting up to 28-38% if you get them on the right day, there are bargains to be had everywhere at the moment...just no ones got any confidence to spend their dough... :|

At 35% off of 1600 is still above 895.00 right? I am not really good with negotiating a price if I like the dealer and they have the perfect watch.

Cry.gif

I like practicing though.

biggrin.png