Sign in to follow this  

TAG Grand Carrera

Eveing all, Does anybody have any info on excellent replicas of the TAG Grand Carrera. I have been on some of the dealer sites but cannot find a "good" copy. Are they available?, or am I being too picky over the details such as the colour or leather stitching.

thanks in advance

nebraska

Mate...there are pretty decent reps of the Grand Carrera available now. Even the rotor has been upgraded to say Calibre 17 and is engraved like the gen. The only gripe is that it's with a 21.6K movement. I am planning to get myself one right after CNY.

Guest fakemaster

God the VPH on that little chrono must be awful to look at. :roll:

All the dealers have them. You'll be happy with it.

I have a grand carrera calibre 17, black dial. Works great, feels great. Took it to an AD and they said it was the best rep they've seen. Side by side it is EXTREMELY difficult to tell the difference. The jeweler had to take out a loupe and look through the back window.

No one is going to tell the difference. And it is a stunning design. I got mine from Angus at puretimewatch.

Good way to stop the subsequent flaming!!!! [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif]

Good way to stop the subsequent flaming!!!! [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif] [smilie=hello2.gif]

I try. And I also know GTE will get a kick out of his new signature.

biggrin.png

Okay, I'll bite. Who has a Grand Carrera Calibre 17 that doesn't have calibre 16 on the rotor? Not terribly anal, and almost noone would see it, but that would irritate the heck out of me. Love to find one with the rotor fixed.

Well if your AD guy can't tell the difference between the rep and gen GC Cal 17 he shouldn't be in this line of work, unless he's just a plain salesperson.

I own the gen and had the latest rep in my hand to compare side by side and the difference can be seen even from the distance, overal case brushed finish, thicker case, wrong mov't, wrong rotor finish, crown sitting lower on the gen and centered between the lugs on a rep, rougher CDG finished chrono windows, darker color rotating chrono wheels, wrong red color on red painted dial accents, Tag dial badge sitting closer to the Grand Carrera txt, even more sunken DW. Not to mention the A/R, the one on the rep isn't even close to the gen which makes the xtall completely dissapear under almost all angles.

That said GC Cal17 is a nice rep, slightly "rich" for most people...$420+, but still very nice.

wink.png