Sign in to follow this  
stxtf

Chicago Customs Seized/Confiscated

Well, it was bound to happen. I've had about 30 shipments from China, several with multiple watches, almost all have gone though Chicago customs. Closest call was one package that was opened, inspected, and passed. I had a package that had no tracking updates since Dec 16th, and now I get the letter from US Customs telling me they're confiscating a counterfeit item, official notice within 30 days, blah blah blah.

It was an AP 44mm ROO and several straps. Someone knows their APs, I guess...

Sead of course, as always, is excellent, no problems there at all. Just figured I'd post just in case anyone else had shipments that didn't move for 3 weeks, or if any other problems came up with Chicago.

Well, it looks like my watch from England spent nearly 8 days clearing Chicago customs...

The watch From HK spent less than 4 hours per scan reports in West coast ISC customs... now that is a huge difference...

Obviously, everything is moving slow, and USPS has reverted back to their old ways, which was to scan packages at their leisure, and not as a requirement for every package at every stop. I have some watch parts inbound from Singapore , coming Registered mail. Shipped on March 12th, still showing "origin post preparing shipment". Probably the next notice I get will be the notice in my mailbox by my lazy postman!! Won't deliver to my house out in the country, leaves notices in my mailbox if they require a signature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

note I get terrible results going to USPS

BUT

I do get updates after subscribign to text messages on the USPS web.. so, go figure, they scan but it does not make the web page but DOES send a text to my phone!

weird USPS oddity

I have a m2m sale from Canada going through Chicago customs and it has been there for 6 days now. First time I've have any watch stuck at customs this long. They are the black hole!!

I've now had two shipments from TDs not even show up in tracking at any point in the process until the day they are being delivered to my home. Both of these deliveries have shown up like this within the last week. I've never seen this happen - very strange.

So, pardon my ignorance, what happens now? Do you get on some sort of customs list flagged for future shipments? How are you going to handle future purchases and where they'll be delivered?

Sorry to hear of your customs issue.

Looks like he scrapes addresses from seized items, then sends out threatening letters...

Angelo E.P. Mazza practices in the Intellectual Property Practice Group and works extensively with law enforcement on IP related crimes.

Mr. Mazza has organized and conducted training sessions for CBP, ICE and the FBI in the United States. He has also conducted training for law enforcement in almost all 50 states at all levels and for various departments. He is active with the US Embassy in Rome to establish an ongoing program of sharing best practices between judges and prosecutors to fight IP crimes.

My package is "inbound into customs" status on USPS tracking. (Chicago) it's been there since Monday 3/31. How long until it's a problem? Or is it just normal that it's been there now for 5 days. Is from TD and have communicated. At what pint should I get concerned? Thank for any help and/or advice. Appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk