Sign in to follow this  
rnrprof

how to replace new V5 Noob Roelx Bezel

These new Rolex bezels are held in by gasket pressure and 3 round pegs and one click peg on small springs- I am fine taking the bezel out, but how does one get it back in place? Not as simple as the old Rolex bezels. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

You will need to remove the insert, just in case you snap it when you apply pressure. You can choose to slowly scrape out the adhesive on the insert using a craft knife, or soak the whole bezel in WD40 overnight and the adhesive will come loose.

Once the insert is off, all you need to do is press the bezel back in by hand, provided the 3 round pegs and one click peg on springs are in place.

Confirm that the bezel is seated properly by turning it. Make sure that it only turns anti-clockwise!

After the bezel is installed, use either 2 part epoxy or gorilla glue or whatever sort of adhesive you prefer to glue the insert back in place, preferably something removable in the future.

Make sure to align the triangle properly!

thx, but the problem I have is that I was replacing the crystal and I can't get the bezel back together correctly enough to set on the case- I can either get the crystal and gasket in the inner ring that rotates ( it is the one with a sloped top edge) but then when I put that assembly into the bezel I can't get it over the outside ring of the tachy on the top of the case. If I put the crystal in the gasket and slip it over the outside tachy ring thing then I can't get the inner sliding ring of the bezel over it. If it sounds confusing I can take pics.

That's strange. I've removed and replaced the bezel on my noob v4 a few times, and have never encountered this issue. But then, I never had to remove the crystal.

Sounds like the bezel retainer ring is placed inverted?

Hi,

I managed to get mine back on with trial and error.

This is how I did it.

1) Clip crystal into gasket

2) Clip gasket on to case ensure you have pressed it down fully it should click into place. Ensure crystal is positioned correctly.

3) I then put on the retainer ring (You have to make sure it is the correct way around (The thicker part should be on top as this holds the Bezel and stops it from popping off. I used a Watch back press from eBay to get the retainer ring on (You won't be able to get it back on without the correct size attachment).

4) Ensure all screws springs etc are in place.

5) Lastly place the bezel on top and press it down with the Watch back press (Using the correct size attachment)

That should be it

My watch is back together again now but without a ceramic insert

cry2.gif

funny i just used my fingers to press everything on. However do make sure that the white gasket is IN the bezel ring before putting it on. Using fingers takes a bit practice but it works. I never use a pressing tool because i worry that i might crack the ceramic bezel.