Sign in to follow this  

Date changes at the wrong time

I have a Pam 187 Asian movement. The date changes at 4:00 pm, not at Midnight. I suspect I changed the date during the evil hours at some point. What can I do? I've seen this discussed but couldn't find it with the search function.

I had it once on one of my watches too. in my case the date changed every day two hours early (10 pm). I had a simple solution. Set the time to 10 o'clock (in your case 4 o'clock) take out the movement then take off the hands and put them back on the 12 position.

hope this works for you

be careful when removing crown and stem.. you need to also be careful when you push it back in or your can damage the gears.. I would have a watchsmith look at it

Thanks guys for the suggestions. However, I don't think I'm skilled enough to remove the movement and put it back in place. Keep coming with more suggestions please.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news Doc...

But reseting your hands is the way to go.

As stated... set your watch to whatever point your date flips... remove the movement, pop the hands and reset them to 12 exactly.

Should be a really easy fix for a watchsmith.

I'm afraid there are only 2 options: do it yourself, Tim Taylor or let's do it the watchsmith. Magic moves on the crown won't work.

But I'm sure it won't be expensive and it will not last long for a pro.