TTsteel

Pictorial comparison between genuine and replica Rolex GMT-Master II

Hi all, this is my GMT Master II Ultimate edition.

Posted Image

Compared with my first replica that I got eight years ago, I feel that the price of replica has gone up quite a lot, but I believe that the quality of replica has gone up.

Since I possessed the gen GMT, I have been attracted by its charm and beauty deeply. My gen is M series and the replica is Z series. The M series only has sticker, but not the green one.

Enjoy the beautiful pictures.

Posted Image

Excellent watch. It is really hard for me to tell the difference between them from the picture if I have not found a tad bit different in another picture. I consider that finish of rep is exceptional, its luster is eye-catching, but it looks as real as the gen. Since the gen is made of 912 steel while the rep is made of 316 steel, I look forwards to find their rather large difference.

Posted Image

The data wheel and the font are pretty good, it looks the same as the gen, except the cyclop.

Posted Image

The right is the rep while the left is the gen. We can see that the rehaut engraving of the gen is a bit choppy.

Posted Image

Look at the picture, it is the famous Rolex rehaut, and it is very good. But we can know that the thickness of cyclop of them is a bit different.

Posted Image

Here are their crown guards, the CG of the rep is a bit fatter, but it is also well-made. The crown had been done nicely.

Posted Image

Posted Image

From the above pictures, we can know that the case is rounded and has no sharp edges at all, thus we can know that it is well-made. Otherwise, the thickness, diameter of case and the thickness of bezel are made the same as the gen(they are just based on my eye sight because I have no caliper).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Excellent finish of the case back and bracelet.

The engraving is nice, and the bracelet is decent(Actually, there is a bit difference on their weight for their different materials: 316 steel VS 912 steel).

The well-made bracelet which has no edges at all possesses amazing finish. Furthermore, its shine is amazing, too. The bracelet size could be adjusted easily, and the link could be removes easily as well( if any of you have problems on removing it, just try to spray some WD40 on the link).

Posted Image

Update: After two weeks, the movement is still running powerfully and keeping the accurate time and its power store of 30 hours.

Its movement is modified 2836, the correct hand stack and all. The gen crown configuration includes 2 click after being unscrewed, the first click is to adjust the date by using jumping hour feature (only hour hand is jumping and there is no quick setting date on the gen). The second click is to adjust the current hour and GMT hand.

The rep crown configuration includes 2 pull after being unscrewed, the first one is to adjust the date by using jumping hour, and there is a quick setting date when you turn the other way around ( jumping hour of my watch does not jump and only the hour hand is moving ). The second pull is to adjust the current hour and GMT hand.

The bezel click is advertised that it have 12 clicks, but in fact, it does not have. The gen has 24 clicks, and the rep also has 24 clicks.

The bezel works nicely, which is as smooth as the gen when it rotates, and the bezel ceramic is nicely made, and the shine is a bit different because full ceramic versus ceramic coating.

Posted Image

The new GMT II-C gen and many of the other Rolex watches that have the solid mid link which is called "easy link" now for quick adjustment in hot or cold days, so people don't have to add or remove links or half links if they pulled out the smaller ones.

Here is the picture about "easy link".

Posted Image

I am satisfied with this rep, and I hope that the new movement could be durable as the original Swiss 2836, and time will tell me the answer.

Show you some pictures and hope you will like them.

Gen.

Posted Image

Ultimate GMT master II.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest federico1203

Thanks so much for share your impressions and photos. Really nice rep!

Enviado desde mi EVA-L09 mediante Tapatalk