Sign in to follow this  
ladama891

Daytona 116520 Rep VS Gen

Guys, I got a rep Rolex Daytona 116520 a month ago, so I write this article about the comparison between the rep and the gen, I hope that you can learn some things from this article and know more about the Rolex rep.

The rep is accurate that keeps the error of within + 2 or 3 seconds per day. After the case, pusher and tube rings were sealed with silicon grease, this watch was tested in 3 ATMs, and I could wear it when I swim in the shallow end of the pool.

As we all known the reliability of A7750, which is the modified version of this model, many people confused that is the movement of my watch more prone to out of work for its extra bridge and added gears? In fact, it is really not as hard as the gen, so I always bear in mind that this watch can not be used as daily watch and the watch can not be kept running on a watch winder 24/7. I only take it out of the box when I want to wear it.

Furthermore, the inner bezel and case are not the same as the gen at all. You could have a look at the following pictures seriously.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The newer rotor of rep looks like as the same as the gen 4130's.

New rep rotor and movement:

Posted Image

Gen rotor and movement:

Posted Image

Here is the comparison between the gen and the rep. There are some slight color differences on the steel and the dial for the different light; but in fact, their quality is exact in crispness and color. I think the crown guards of my watch have been slightly modified.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image