Sign in to follow this  
debug77

Lewis Hamilton Aquaracer

No F1 fans out there?

I thought this was kinda funny (but then I would since I wrote it).

I did notice that it was finally mentioned on Versus that F1 drivers do not sit in their race cars admiring their watches. When an F1 team pays $100,000,000 in a single fine it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the few ounces of a watch will not even be considered in the ballast calculations. They put them on after the race ends along with the baseball caps, liquid refreshment and other marketing paraphernalia. Massa always looks as if he will fall over from the weight of his watch!

LOL!

...Just to comment this... Have you ever tried to race wearing a heavy watch, or a watch on steel bracelet?

I did, and it was a great mistake of mine (it even wasn´t a heavy watch! It was a Rolex Datejust in SS) and it scalped my wrist with the shaking of the car on the track imperfections...

I just realized it was raping my wrist when I spinned on a wet turn, and saw the blood on my wrist, then I saw the watch was peeling my skin with the bracelet.

...Could you imagine what it would do if it was a heavy watch like the ones that appear on F1 marketing? ...Say bu-bye to your wrist bone.. lol!

The steering wheel absorbs too much vibration from the stone-hard suspension of a racing car/go-kart/whatever you drive, and on a F1, I guess it would be multiplied by hundreds...due to the speed and all. lol

Anyway, on topic, I´d a like a Aquaracer too...

biggrin.png

Cheers,

Spirit.

No F1 fans out there?

I thought this was kinda funny (but then I would since I wrote it).

Yeah, I did think it was funny too actually

smile.png

Wasn't exactly the best weather for racing on Sunday was it! Them being where they were, are you sure Massa's watch was a gen?

biggrin.png

I don't really go for watches with other peoples names on them (I wouldn't mind one with MY name engraved on the rotor, as some makers do for you), but I quite like this one. Plus I like to show my support for my fellow countryman by ripping him off. No way am I paying £1500 for a quartz watch

ResidentEvil4.gif

Oh, Sprit, I actually drove around Silverstone while wearing my gen DateJust!

lol1.gif

I am currently working on a drivers suit that includes snorkel and flippers! That was a very wet track. I loved listening to the comments between car and garage. ie: I can't see anything for all the spray from the car in front.

Guest fakemaster

Yes. As you may recall the first thing I did to my 2008 SE was rip the 007 second hand off.